The Department of Psychiatry of the 日博电竞 College, Chittoor, provides outpatient treatment for a range of psychiatric conditions. Some of these conditions include schizophrenia and other psychosis, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, addiction, personality disorders and sexual disorders. We also provide outpatient treatment for mental and behavioural disorders due to organic conditions and pregnancy related conditions. Psychiatric liaison service for those admitted to other departments are also a focus of the department.
The outpatient care is comprehensive and includes medications, counselling, and psychosocial interventions. The services are provided through a dedicated team of Psychiatrists and Social Workers.
At present, the department does not provide in-patient care, electroconvulsive therapy, child/adolescent psychiatry services. Those requiring inpatient care, electroconvulsive therapy, child/adolescent assessment, specific care against suicidal risk are referred to Department of Psychiatry of 日博电竞 College, Vellore located at Bagayam.
We provide help for the following conditions. The descriptions are for general understanding. There can be variations in symptoms and services.
- Organic conditions: Significant change in the behavior of a person attributable to medical conditions such as head injury, epilepsy, memory deficits in old age(dementia).
- Addiction: Excessive use of a substance(alcohol, nicotine) that is affecting all domains of a person’s life.
- Psychotic conditions: Hallucinations, delusions, abnormal behavior, preoccupies with their own thought, needing prompts for maintaining self-care.
- Depressive symptoms : low mood, crying spells, loss of interest in previous activities, suicidal thoughts, decreased self-esteem.
- Manic symptoms: extreme happiness without any reason, anger outbursts without any reason, illogic beliefs, aggressive behavior.
- Anxiety disorders/Somatoform disorders: Persisting anxiety and bodily complaints in spite of normal medical examination. These can include increased heart rate, sweating, breathing difficulty and feels he/she may die at that moment, pain.
- Obsessive compulsive disorders: Irrelevant thoughts which are repetitive, unable to control. Compulsive actions, we know that doing them is unnecessary, still continues to do them.
- Pregnancy related: Change in behavior of a women during pregnancy or after delivery.
- Sexual disorder: Such as Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction or other sexual problems.
- Counselling for significant life events : Death of a dear ones, Divorce, Marital issues.
OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT TIMINGS
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
9:00am to 4:00pm
9:00am to 12.00pm